For Renault and its customers, electric cars have to be practical, attractive and reassuring:
- Electric vehicles will retail at the same price as equivalent diesel models (without the battery, which is leased)
- Running costs are roughly 20% lower than an equivalent combustion vehicle since electricity costs much less than petrol (around €1 per 100 km)
- Maintenance costs are half those of an equivalent combustion vehicle because electric motors require less servicing
- Electric motors offer similar levels of performance as that of gasoline and diesel cars. Regarding acceleration, for example, an electric motor delivers all of its power as soon as it pulls away
- Electric cars are easily recharged at home, at special terminals in parking lot areas and at “quickdrop”, battery swap stations.
Electric vehicles are in phase with current public issues. They are silent and because they emit no CO2, or any polluting emissions for that matter, they also respect the environment.