Renault has always placed people at the heart of the company, with the deeply held conviction that the men and women at Renault are its most valuable asset.
In that spirit, on July 2, 2013 the Renault group, the Renault Group Works Council, representing all Group employees worldwide, and IndustriALL Global Union, an international trade union representing metallurgy employees, signed a global framework agreement called “Committing together for sustainable growth and development”. The result of labor-management dialogue worldwide, the agreement follows on from the Declaration of Employees’ Fundamental Rights signed in October 2004, which it extends and modernizes in line with today’s economic and social requirements.
Under the agreement, the signatories make a joint commitment in five areas:
- The respect of employees’ fundamental rights. The agreement renews and reinforces the commitments made by the signature of the Declaration in October 2004.
- Responsibility toward employees, implemented through labor-management dialogue, the health and safety policy, the management of jobs and skills, the policy on remuneration and social protection, and the promotion of diversity.
- Social responsibility in Renault’s operating countries, notably through support for educational projects, auto industry integration initiatives for young people, and the promotion of road safety.
- Relations with suppliers and subcontractors, selected on the basis of their respect for employees’ fundamental rights.
- Reducing Renault’s environmental footprint, by balancing the Group’s product and service offering with environmental protection and strengthening environmental management across the company.
The agreement underscores the conviction of the Renault group, the Group Works Council and IndustriALL Global Union that, in a world of globalized competition, economic performance and social development together are vital to the company’s lasting growth.